Piotr left for Vancouver today after staying the weekend.
I cried a lot today, and yesterday...my heart feels achey and a little bit bruised.
I think I underestimated how hard it would be to be apart. Things happened so quickly, and I didn't worry too much as I know we have a deep bond.
Two weeks in, I am starting to understand.
I am going to have to be so vigilant against the apathy and numbness that creeps in.
Even now, as I am typing this, the urge is there to distract myself, to disconnect. It's a way of protecting myself from pain.
I already miss the life we had together. The companionship, the routine.
The truth is that keeping your heart open and aware is painful, and will require constant work.
I know that things ebb and flow, but I hope that in the long run I find the strength to take a path that leads me further into love.
No comments:
Post a Comment