Sunday, July 16, 2017

Here I am.

Part of me feels like things are moving so quickly, so maybe I'd better just go along with it rather than trying to document it all. Another part of me knows that if I don't document it, someday I might wish I had.

So, what is there to document?
Well...changes. The transition into a new phase of life. It's been one week since I've been on the Island, and things are going well. It feels so strange, I feel happy but my mind hardly knows what to do with that information; it feels foreign.

I am really, truly, grateful though. And surprised! Things changed so much in a matter of weeks and I still can't quite comprehend it. I feel sorry for not trusting that things would get better, for not believing that there was something to gain in my struggles.

I want to bring more...presence...into this next stage. Deliberate and consistent efforts of self-love. And curiosity! I want to cultivate my sense of wonder and appreciation for the world.



"Love is the way messengers 
from the mystery tell us things.
Love is the mother,
We are her children.
She shines inside us, 
visible-invisible, as we trust 
or lose trust, or feel it start to grow again."

-Rumi 


No comments: