Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The kind of person who always takes the stairs

We weren't fishing for compliments. I was giving and receiving them, and it was genuine and we both left happy. I think only once you let go of superficiality and insecurities can you really see beauty, and appreciate it and exchange it freely without trying to grab at it and keep it for yourself. I thought about what Doris said, that I was striking but not beautiful, and if it's true, but either way it doesn't matter. Also? I was right! There's a change in you, and it's hard to tell because we only talked for a few seconds, but it gives me hope and it makes me happy. If change is possible in you, it's possible in me, and we can change it together because it's not just us, it's the whole world and let's hope it's for good.

No comments: